Top Ten Signs You Are A Red Sox Fan In October
10. You hear a Partnership for a Drug Free America commercial and think it says "Know where your teams are at all times. Know where they're going, and who they're with." You are shocked when the commercial mentions drugs and teens--you thought this was some text-message update service you could sign up for during the postseason (don't think I'm just saying this for laughs, either. This one actually happened to me yesterday).
9. You're forgoing plans this weekend--you're going to need lots of rest in case there are West Coast games next week.
8. You have, at any point during the last twenty-four hours, actually raised your voice with regard to the post-season pitching rotation / lineup.
7. Someone asks what you thought of the big debate last night, and you said, "What, Schilling vs. Pedro?"
When they look at you funny, you say, "Oh, sorry. What was I thinking? You meant Lowe vs. Arroyo."
6. Your train of thought runs something like this: "Everything has changed. Nothing has changed. I don't want to go through this again. I can't live without it. I'm not sure I can handle it. I couldn't imagine any other way..." (courtesy Bill Simmons) "...oh shit, that was my turn."
5. Ever since they clinched, your partner has taken to sleeping on the couch, because you've taken to having those dreams again. You know. Those dreams.
4. You've actually considered just resorting to a Ouija board.
3. That lucky shirt you haven't washed since early August when the Streak began has taken to actually sitting next to you on the couch, stealing your Chee-tos and fighting you for the clicker.
2. Your first thought in the morning and last thought at night are, "God, please let this be the year."
1. Work, family, sleep and bathing are all starting to really interfere with your baseball life.