Please do still read my football post below, but I wanted to collect some of the weekend's other dribs and drabs in a separate post.
- First off, hear tell Nomar signed with the Dodgers. The boys in blue (kind of unfortunate for an LA team, eh?) now boast at least 30% of the 2003 Red Sox team, between Grady Little as skipper, Derek Lowe as emotionally disturbed pitcher, Billy Mueller as aging (yet wonderful) third baseman and Nomar Garciaparra as...first baseman? Well, no matter, it still appears frustrated BoSox suitor Frank McCourt (I really could've sworn he was the guy who wrote Angela's Ashes, but apparently not) really has taken owning the Dodgers as a booby prize--and is now doing his best to collect the entire original 2003 almost-pennant winning Red Sox team out there on the left coast.
- Here's what you can buy me for Christmas.
- Two must-read Dugouts: here and here.
- Congratulations to Kristen on being selected a Feedster Feed of the Year finalist! I taught her everything she knows, you know. Please do read her brilliant post about Peyton Manning / Chris Simms, a great example of why she gets the big money.
- Dan Shaughnessy! dot Blogspot! dot com!!
- Finally, FB of the AL is doing a bangup job of offseason commentary. I particularly liked his assessment of the rumored Clement / Arroyo for Jeremy Reed trade, mainly because it contains a vision of how the Red Sox' current wheelings and dealings could possibly result in anything more than a baseball sideshow. Comforting, that.