- The Titans were getting beat, so they hit Rodney Harrison low, and directly in the bad knee.
- This incensed Tedy Bruschi, as well it should. Playing afterwards without Rodney, Bruschi took over not only the defensive signal-calling in the backfield but his end of whatever altercation was going on underneath all those helmets out there.
- The Patriots en masse began to believe they were being cheap-shotted. At one cut to commercial, the cameras showed Bruschi kneeling in front of Harrison on the bench. Rodney's face is just...indescribable. Pain and frustration and disappointment and anger. Bruschi's back was to the camera, and he was talking animatedly to Rodney, who seemed to be listening, but with only half his mind.
- The Patriots may in fact be being cheap-shotted. Troy Brown was called for his second ludicrous personal foul of the season when he struggled with two large Titan linemen who held him in a stranglehold long after a play was over. As he fell to the ground in that struggle, he dragged one of them down with him to the ground. Then the flag was thrown. Unbelievable.
- 91 yards in 10 plays...but a stupid field goal. Before the repeat injury to Rodney, I had been feeling pretty good about these Patriots in this game. A few mental mistakes, and some disappointing results again in the red zone, but overall not just continued momentum but improvement over last week. Then we lost Rodney...again. And once again the clouds of doubt begin to gather.
Brady now arguing with a coach on the sidelines. Probably against being taken out of the game.
Meanwhile I'm being taken out of the game in a way...have to get started traveling toward New Year's Eve debauchery. Hope you all have a happy and sane, as they say. Here's to 2007.
P.S. Fuck. Titans on goal line. Titan running game slicing through the Rodney-less defense like hot knife through butter.