I wasn't disappointed by last night's PAA, whether it was the Belichick mic'd up stuff or all the other behind-the-scenes moments...
...like this shot of four out of the seven Patriots Pro Bowlers. A handsome bunch, eh? Now that Brett Keisel has announced he will be shearing his mighty face-mane for charity, Matt Light, especially, may be poised to take over the league's Most Viking-Like Appearance title. But, uh, Logan? We Need To Talk about that mustache...
But the main attraction, as previewed, was Belichick.
Top 5 Quotes from the Pro Bowl footage:
5. "He ran harder than some of our backs did today." ~ to a random group of guys on the sideline after Cleveland Browns center Alex Mack caught a lateral from a teammate and ran it in for a TD in the fourth quarter.
4. "I know we're having fun out here, but do we care that we're a bunch of chumps here, or not?" ~ to Ray Lewis, with the AFC down 35-0
3. "Losing to the Jets, of all teams...it's like losing to Army." ~ talking to this Navy guy about how the Patriots season ended.
2. "Man, I can't believe I'm telling you nice play, but -- nice play." ~ to Jets corner Darrelle Revis
1. "We're in red." ~ to Peyton Manning, after Manning threw a pick. After laughing myself nearly to death, I went back and watched this particular moment again at least a half-dozen times.